Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

RDK Table Entities

I am not very familiar with the process of deploying an update to an application with RDK. I have used the "OpenInsight Runtime Deployment Kit" and started to make an entity for an update I'd like to deploy. When I click on the Entities tab, I am able to pick the entities that I want to include in this RDK, and it has a handy feature to search for all entities changed since a certain date. When I use this feature, I noticed that changes made to DICT Tables are not recognized and not included in the search. This is problematic, because I am depending on the repository keeping track of changes I am making in the application, but DICT table changes don't seem to be tracked. So this has left me thinking of the following questions:
1) Is there a reason they are excluded in the "Entities changed since..." search criteria?
2) Do I run the risk of changes made to DICT tables not updating correctly even if I manually find them and enter them into the Update RDK to deploy?
3) How do changes to fields in the DICT tables, such as ticking the Btree Index attribute, affect an update through RDK? (I'm assuming I would have to actually re-index the data once the update is made)
4) Are there any other tips to avoid pain points with deploying an RDK that you can share?

Comments