Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Deleting an OI User

Part of the SSO project I mentioned before. Trying to delete a user from a given application. The only users on the app are the app itself and the one user. Logged into the app directly, with the app as the username. Going into Database Manager, User Management, tried to delete the one user. I get a message, "Userid cannot be deleted or modified". Both the App user ID and the one in question have System Administrator access.

How can I get around this to delete the user and use the SSO?

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm pretty sure OpenInsight requires the APP username (i.e. EXAMPLES app has a user for the app named EXAMPLES) as a service account that can't be removed. If SSO were to go down you could still gain admin-level access to the app using the account. If you want to lock the app down you should change the password on it and keep it secure should you ever need it. Having this account shouldn't prevent you from using SSO.
  • Thanks Jared.. I should have been more specific. I'm trying to delete another username, Not the APP username. OI isn't letting me do it. Any direction is most appreciated!
  • What is your LoginMode setting at the time you are trying to delete this user?