Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Unlocking Records...

Folks,

We are a large company using OI 9.21 and due to company size / IT structure we are not allowed to manage our own server; so everything has to go through Service Requests which at times can take hours to get a resolution...

On a regular bases we experience record locking and need to send server Admins request to get records unlocked via UDM...

I'm aware that OI V10 is adding this option to Web Interface which will be very helpful; but until then (long way out) is there any other way to force record unlocks without having to be on the server and using UDM?

Thanks

Paulo

Comments

• Paulo,

I am pretty darn sure there is no way to do this. Locks are managed by the server and LH service so one has to be at the server (or connected remotely) in order to release a lock.

If the UD Manager was able to run 24/7 on the desktop then you could hack it to monitor external requests (such as entries in a special table) that would trigger an unlock request.
  • Don,

Thanks for the reply... I figured that much but doesn't hurt to ask; posted same thing on Revelation site...

Now there is a weird things that has happen a few times which I'm not sure if it's a Universal Driver issue; this actually happen this morning... 4 records were locked so after restarting machines that locked records and doing unlock all I requested access and have ADMIN shadow me into server; when I first launched the UDM; it failed with an error (unfortunately I did not write down the error message) and after I re-launched the UDM then it opened correctly; interesting things is that once I launed UDM those 4 records became unlocked; almost like they were ghost locks or something.

This has happen a few times to where I have ADMIN log in to unlock record and then they tell me records are not on the list of locked records and they become unlocked...

Have you seen this before?

Thanks

Paulo