Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Debug

Revisiting this after 12 months and am a bit rusty.
Trying to use debug and getting bad gateway.
running this as a script and I do close/open after a compile.

# here is a chatty script
echo off
cls
cd C:\OPENINSIGHT\OI9PARSONS
"Java32\bin\java.exe" -jar C:\OPENINSIGHT\OI9PARSONS\OESocketServer.jar -d 3
#"java.exe" -jar C:\OPENINSIGHT\OI9PARSONS\OESocketServer.jar -d 3

What setting am I missing for debug to work?"

Comments

• Barry,

Did you stop the service from running first?
  • Of cause not.
    Thanks
  • Didnt make a difference.
    I removed the debug, BUT, I only had to stop/start the oengine script for it to run OK again.
    Testing using postman.
    Still getting 'bad gateway when debug put in start of the http_xxxx_service.
    I am sure you dont need to stop/start the lhservice as that means you have to exit OI before you do that.
  • Changed StartupFlags in registry for oecgi3 from 65 to 2 and debug is now working.
  • In my HTTP_Resource_Services in the paragraph PostDatabaseItem: there is this code.
    The data being posted is from postman, but I cant say if it is formatted correctly or not.
    The is data in Body which equates to the fields and data that I posted.
    When it gets to here:
    NumColumns = SRP_JSON(hBody, 'GETCOUNT')

NumColumns is 0
    hBody contains a numeric value.

srp_utils.ocx was updated from the srp_editor 2.8RC3 download.

Where do I go from here to work out the problem?

If HaveItemID then // The new resource will have been put into the POST string. Body = HTTP_Services('GetHTTPPostString') // The POST string will have been encoded so use percent (URL) decoding. Body = HTTP_Services('DecodePercentString', Body) ParseResponse = SRP_JSON(hBody, 'PARSE', Body) If Len(ParseResponse) EQ 0 then // Go through the column names in the JSON object and map the column values to the respective // field positions in the database row. Fields = Xlate('DICT.' : TableName, '%FIELDS%', '', 'X') NumColumns = SRP_JSON(hBody, 'GETCOUNT')
  • Here is the contents of Body
  • Don, this is not the data I was discussing in my email, that was the live testing, just thought I had better test mine first and that is where I have found NO update is being done.
  • Barry,

Don't confuse SRPUtil.ocx (which is the ActiveX control used by the SRP Editor) with SRPUtilities.dll (which is where the SRP Utilities libraries are stored). Unless you downgraded SRPUtilities.dll somehow (which is doubtful), it should be working just fine.

The content of the text file you sent is not valid JSON. Below is a website I like to use to quickly validate JSON:

https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/