Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Version 3.0.0 Released

v3.0.0 of the SRP HTTP Framework has been released. Details about this released are covered in the What's New page and the Version History page.

Comments

• executing the window 'NDW_HTTP_FRAMEWORK_SETUP'

give the error ' error loading program GET_WINDOW_ID
  • in HTTP_MCP you have

OSWrite ProcErr to 'C:\XXX\' : AbortedFileName

should not this be

OSWrite ProcErr to CapturePath : '\' : AbortedFileName

(after the required housekeeping validation etc)
  • Barry - Thanks for sending me your feed back. I have already sent you a new RDK to test with. Since distribution of this version of the product has not yet reached critical mass, I'm still keeping this at v3.0.0. Now to respond to your issues:

Loading Error with GET_WINDOW_ID
    This is a SRP FrameWorks utility that gets referenced in our standard commuter module insert. I had not included it in the RDK because the new form does not use this routine. However, because it is in the insert, it gets called automatically. I never ran into this issue because my projects are usually based in full SRP FrameWorks applications. I refactored the commuter to no longer rely upon the insert and any of its called routines.

CapturePath for ProcErr
    Sharp eyes. I updated HTTP_MCP to use the GetCapturePath service in the same way I do for the normal request and response logs.
  • Thank you.

Can I just make one comment.
    Because I have a number of modifications I have made to existing modules, I upgrade the original copy and visually copy the code changes.
    I see where , if someone upgraded a live/Testing system with this upgrade, there could be an issue where their SRP_HTTP_FRAMEWORK_SETUP in SYSENV will get overwritten.
  • Can I just make one comment.
    It looks like you are going to make it whether I give you permission or not! :)
    Because I have a number of modifications I have made to existing modules, I upgrade the original copy and visually copy the code changes.
    I see where , if someone upgraded a live/Testing system with this upgrade, there could be an issue where their SRP_HTTP_FRAMEWORK_SETUP in SYSENV will get overwritten.
    That has been the way of life with all of our Framework products (i.e., SRP FrameWorks and SRP HTTP Framework). We do not guarantee that an upgrade won't break an existing application or won't override something you already have. This is the nature of a product that itself is designed to be customized. Unlike tools (e.g., SRP Editor), controls (e.g., SRP EditTable), or even OI itself, we can't easily provide an upgrade to the product without creating a footprint that might have a negative impact on the current system.

Therefore, we try hard to thoroughly document what these changes are in the Version History page. It should give developers a way of introducing the changes safely.
  • Ok understood(I will try and pull my head in), this is my first experience with a general frameworks upgrade, so was not sure what the procedures were that are in place.