Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

!=, == comparison operators

Teeny suggestion ;)

Could these operators be recognised in the coloring styles, in the same way as NE, EQ ?

Cheers, M@

Comments

• Done. You can download SRPUtil.ocx 4.0.6 RC4 here. Just replace the one you currently have registered and you should be good to go.
  • Nice - thanks!
    Cheers, M@
  • Aargh - trust me to have some code that uses the Basic+precision comparison operators!
    How easy is it to include _EQX, _NEX, _LTX, _GTX, _LEX, _GEX ? ;)

Cheers, M@
  • I've made the addition to my code base, but it will be some time before a build. We are in the middle of testing our controls with OI X and getting then ready for 64-bit.
  • Cool - no rush.

So are the SRP controls for OI X going to be 64-bit themselves? If so I presume they would be registered differently and independant of the 32-bit SRP controls?
  • Yes, the OCX has to be compiled into a separate 64-bit version. There should be a regsvr32.exe in the System32 folder, which would be a 64-bit version of regsvr32. This is not the same as the 32-bit version of regsvr32, which is in the SysWOW64 folder. Don't you just love the naming conventions?
  • Are you going to be maintaining both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the SRP controls, going forward?
  • Just to avoid a barrage of questions that might come up from anyone who is reading this thread, we are seriously looking at the pathway toward 64-bit for our products. We do recognize the importance of providing a solution for our customers and clients. However, there are several issues that we have to contend with and we are exploring various options. This week has been dedicated toward working out our game plan, but much like OI X itself we won't know if we are running into a brick wall until we get a little further down the road. Once we are fairly confident of how we will proceed, we'll create a blog article to help everyone understand what to expect.
  • Are you going to be maintaining both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the SRP controls, going forward?
    I posted my previous response before I saw this question. However, my response is relevant to this question as well. The term "maintaining" is subject to interpretation and we don't yet know how we will accomplish our goals so I'm going to hold off on a direct answer to this question for the moment.
  • Good stuff, Don. You anticipated my thinking well ;). Looking forward to seeing what pans out.
    Cheers, M@