Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Re-Compile ALL Forms

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to re-compile all forms in an application. I removed some promoted event handlers and now need to compile all the forms in the application again to complete the process. I really don't feel like opening each form in the Form Designer and hitting save -- one by one....

Comments

• In the Applicaiton Manager, under the tree OpenInsight : User Interface Components : OpenInsight Forms, select a single form, then pull down the menu option Entity : Compile...
    From this form you can just double click on each form to compile or do a tree compile as well.
  • Perfect! Thanks!
  • You can also write a procedure to do this. Use the Get_Repos_Entities to get all your forms and then use the Repository COMPILE method for each entity.
  • Here is some code to do just what Don described.
    Function SCRATCH_RECOMPILE_FORMS(VOID) Declare Function Get_Repos_Entities,Repository,DCOUNT $Insert Logical StatusCode = 0 AppID = @APPID<1> TypeID = "OIWIN" ClassID = "" *Get and count number of OIWIN entities in repository for current application EntList = Get_Repos_Entities(AppID, TypeID, ClassID, "","","","") EntListCount = DCOUNT(EntList, @FM) CompileErrs = '' ;* Store a list of entities that failed to compile For i = 1 To EntListCount // Repository COMPILE all forms to clear out any related promoted event references. rv = Set_Status(0) FormID = EntList<i> rv = Repository('COMPILE', FormID, True$, False$) Status = Get_Status(StatusCode) If Status then Convert @FM to @VM in StatusCode CompileErrs := FormID : @VM : StatusCode : @FM end Next i If Len(CompileErrs) then CompileErrs = @FM : CompileErrs Swap @FM with \0D0A\ : '* ' in CompileErrs Swap @VM with \0D0A\ : '** ' in CompileErrs OSWrite CompileErrs to 'C:\temp\' : AppID : ' CompileErrs.txt' end