Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Special characters not sending via SRPMail

I’m not sure if someone at your office can reproduce this but I’ve been using your mail utility to send email with attachments and as html.
Not long ago, I’ve notice that my French subject lines started dropping the accented characters as seen below. I’m sending the same data with both functions at the same time:

Sent via SRP_Send_Mail : DSF_S-2017-05-01 - Fermeture d'un d?lai inf?rieur ? 10 jours
Sent via rti_cdoMail : DSF_S-2017-05-01 - Fermeture d'un délai inférieur à 10 jours

I would have to say that this started after the installation of the SRPControlsPro 4.0.3, SRP_Mail version 2.02.

Comments

• FYI, I did see this and have been working to resolve it. I'll keep you posted.
  • Sorry it took so long, but I took the time to improve SRPMail.dll so that it will be ready for OI X 64-bit. You can download a pre-release build (version 2.1 RC1) here. This is an RDK. It will update your current SRPMail.dll and the SRP_Send_Mail stored procedure to be UTF-8 compliant. For this to work, OI has to be in UTF-8 mode.
  • Hi Kevin,
    Tried RC1, unfortunately I get an error because the libcryptoMD.dll is missing from my computer and cannot fully test the SRP_Send_Mail. I believe this file is part of OpenSSL. Are you intending to install OpenSSL as part of your build?
  • My apologies. I linked to the wrong OpenSSL .lib files when producing the non-debug build. Try 2.1 RC2 here.
  • That's a keeper. "DSF_S-2017-08-01 - Fermeture d'un délai inférieur à 10 jours"
    Thanks
  • Hi All,
    I update the mail utility in January (I believe it was v2.1.1) and have been getting the wrong french characters when sending emails. Should I reapply the previous version or is there a fix.
    thanks,
    Pascal
  • Hmm, but this was working in 2.1? The latest version is 2.1.2, but that fix didn't deal with Unicode as I recall. You can download 2.1.2 here and try it. If that doesn't work, let me know so I can make sure to fix it. If you need it, you can also download 2.1 here if you know that was working.
  • Used 2.1.2 and update the insert. All seems to work like it should now.
    Thanks!