Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

OLE.TitleList

2»

Comments

• Carl just replied to my post on the Works forum.
  • I just read it. So far, I'm agreeing with him that nothing should be interfering with the encoding process, but I'm still interested to get results from the encoding tests run on those machines. If you think it's worth the effort, I can draw up a build of SRPControls.ocx that pops up a message box or something showing what it sees coming into the TitleList property.
  • Let's see the results of the code you suggested I write, they are going to test that tomorrow. If that looks correct on the client, then I will do whatever you suggest to resolve this.
  • I ran the following code on two systems, on one system it worked (Working.txt) and one it did not work (Not working.txt). It worked when the user used remote desktop to remote into a client computer, it did not work when the user ran the code directly on the same client computer as opposed to using remote desktop. When it does not work all of the columns are placed into the first column (see the beginning of this thread).

The SRP control version number is 4.0.2.

BTW it also works correctly if run directly on the server (the machine on which OI is installed), which has SRP control version number 4.0.3.

Subroutine Test_Unicode(Null)
    * Write Unicode test string to Text.txt in root of Tactic install *
    * visim jrv 11-6-19 *
    Declare Function Str_Unicode

CurrentDir = Drive()
    If CurrentDir[Len(CurrentDir),1] = "\" Then
    CurrentDir = CurrentDir[1, Len(CurrentDir)-1]
    End
    UnicodeString = Str_Unicode("Test1":@VM:"Test2":@VM:"Test3")
    Test_File = CurrentDir:"\Text.txt"
    OSWrite UnicodeString On Test_File

Return
  • Both files are identical and producing the correct Unicode value of @VM which I suppose means programmatic conversion to Unicode is working regardless of environment. I think the next step is for me to create an SRPControls.ocx build just for you that will dump the contents of the Title property so we can determine why it isn't parsing.
  • Kevin sounds good. On a Windows 10 system, I use NSIS to install the control into $SYSDIR, I assume I can just replace C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SRPControls.ocx with the new debug control, correct?
  • Jim. Download version "4.1.5 Test" here. You can just replace the OCX you have. This version will create a file called titlelistdump.txt in the working directory every time the OLE.TitleList property is set. Make sure to run this in the environment in which the property fails, then send me the txt file.
  • I will send this to them tomorrow, many thanks for your help on this.
  • edited November 2019
    In which directory would this file be found? I just ran it and did not get a file created. SRP controls show version 4.1.5 test as being installed.
  • Upgrading to ocx 4.1.4 seems to have fixed the problem.