Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Logto

My client is continuing to pursue the Single Sign-On concept and the tests are looking good.

All the applications inherit from one core application. Is there a way to execute what used to be a LOGTO in Arev? I'm trying to have everyone log into the core app with SSO and then direct from there.

LOGTO is an option in CTO. I'm not sure if the same is available in OI or if there is a good way to simulate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Comments

• My client is continuing to pursue the Single Sign-On concept and the tests are looking good.

Assuming this is the same client you were referencing in another thread, what ended up being the solution to your SSO issues?
    LOGTO is an option in CTO. I'm not sure if the same is available in OI or if there is a good way to simulate.

I know this has been discussed in the Revelation forums. If memory serves, this can't easily be done. The engine can have its context swapped (in fact, just look at the OpenEngine dialog the next time you switch applications...you'll see all of the commands needed). I think switching the Presentation Server itself is more problematic.

Why not just call a new instance of OI instead and close the current instance? I think that would be much easier to implement.
  • SSO pretty much works as advertised now. I created a login application that uses SSO that recognizes the user's login/access based on the AD group. Once in the "launch" app, I need to "Logto" another app based on user selection. I'm trying to avoid setting up SSO on every application (it's a legacy app with a lot of "eccentricities"); but if I have to call a new instance I may not have any choice.
  • Ok, doing workarounds for some things. In Arev there was a MAKEACCOUNT_SUB that would do exactly that: create a new account (application). Is there a way in OI to programagically create a new application associated with the current database? Hopefully a simple thing, but I can't seem to find docs for it.

Thanks in advance!

• The routine is Add_Repos_App. However, this is undocumented. I recommend viewing the calls from OpenEngine while you manually create a new app. It will show you the calls and arguments being passed in.
  • Thanks! I did what you suggested, and I also found a few things online about the routine. It's going to be perfect for this purpose.

Is there a similar routine/function for creating a new user on a different database? I know that Create_User will create a user on the current database. If I'm in an application from which others inherit, and I create a user, will the user be able to access the child apps as well? If not, how do I either enable the user to access child apps, or create the user specifically for a child app? Is there a way to lock out an existing user? All Programmatically of course.

I created a user and watched what happened on the OE. Not much help there.

Thanks!
  • Oook.. The call to ADD_REPOS_APP sort of works.. it creates an application. But when I try to log in, it tells me that the user (same name as the app) doesn't exist. Not trying to use SSO at that point, just to log in.

When I created a new app from the menu, I noticed in the OE than there are a number of things that get called (SETAPPID, CREATESWAP_NEWDB and others). If I'm creating programagically, what else do I need besides ADD_REPOS_APP?

Thanks,

Michael
  • I don't have a ready answer for you on this. I would need to study and experiment before I could perhaps come up with a solution.