Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

srpcontrols64.ocx regsvr32 error

On a clients windows 10 system installing OI10 app and then trying to install the SRP_Controlls_install I am getting the following error.
Tried a few 'google' suggestions to no avail. FYI The windows 10 install is an 'Ebay' copy!!!

Any known working fixes?

Comments

• A few questions/suggestions:
    • When you get that message, can you confirm if the SRPControls64.ocx file is in the folder that is indicated in the message?
    • If you have access to the file, try manually registering it to see if that works. Also, copy the file elsewhere and try to register it.
    • Have you tried testing to see if this works for a copy of OI 9 on this same machine?
  • >>If you have access to the file, try manually registering it to see if that works. Also, copy the file elsewhere and try to register it.

Tried all locations, same error.

>>Have you tried testing to see if this works for a copy of OI 9 on this same machine?
    So it will only try to register the 32bit one?
  • So it will only try to register the 32bit one?

If you are using our new universal installer, then yes. It is smart enough to know which version of OI you are installing this into.

I want to determine if this problem is limited to SRPControls64.ocx or if something is wrong with this copy of Windows 10. Do you know if this is Windows 10 Pro vs. Home?
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Is there any VB runtime stuff that would need to be installed
  • Waiting to get client system access
  • @donbakke
    Just did a test of SRP_Controls_Install.exe on my PC and selected an OI9 system and it copied and registered both controls, 32 and 64.
    FYI:
    From googling my issue a number of times I have seen where if 64 bit op system and 32 bit .ocx (or was it only dll), that you use ..“%systemroot%\SysWoW64\regsvr32
  • @BarryStevens - Does this mean you were unable to test the OI 9 installation on the client's machine? Also, are you saying that when you installed on your own PC, that it actually copied over and registered SRPControls.ocx and SRPControls64.ocx?
  • Sorry for getting in those so late. My guess is that the machine is missing one of the dependencies it needs, most likely VCOMP120.DLL, which is the Visual C++ runtime for Visual Studio 2013. To find out exactly what's missing, you could DependencyWalker. You have to use the 64-bit version to examine SRPControls64.ocx. The trick with Dependency Walker is to only look at the tree items that are direct children of SRPCONTROLS64.OCX. If it looks like this, you're all clear.

@Don - Note that the Universal Installer for the controls does not require an OI folder. It simply places both SRPControls.ocx and SRPControls64.ocx into the folder of your choice and registers both of them.
  • @KevinFournier - Thanks for the reminder. I was confusing this installer with the product installers that install an RDK.
  • edited July 2020
    @Kevin - Great, thanks
    I will give it a go and let you know the results.
  • @KevinFournier
    I thought I would have a go on my 'working' PC and this is what I see.
    Do i have a hidden problem?

• No. Don't worry about dependencies of system DLLs. You'll get a lot of false negatives. Just look at the nodes that are direct children of SRPCONTROLS64.OCX.
  • Ah, now I understand - thanks
  • edited July 2020
    Yes, there was a missing component , I ran the 'vcredist_x64.exe ' and that did a full install , not just a repair.
    Problem now fixed.
    Thank you so very much, I was a bit out of my depth there.
    Also they at least now have a legal version of windows10 as well :-) ...that was one path I suggested they go down.
  • Hmm, I've just tried installing v4.1.10 and it hangs during the vcredist_x64 install. End Task that and the SRPcontrols install continues and SRPcontrols.ocx gets registered. But even if try to install vcredist_x64 manually, it hangs.
    Is the x64 redistribution only required for the 64bit controls?

Also, for some reason it seems to be detecting a previous expiry date for the Tree and Subclass controls, but not the others!? That is, an expiry window appears whenever these two are invoked, showing the expiry for the previous year. It seems happy with SRP.EditTable though. Weird!

M@
  • M@ - I just sent you an email with an updated license. I overlooked the Tree and Subclass controls when I updated the expiry date. I'll let Kevin address your other issue.
  • Thanks - that fixes it :). Interesting to know that each control can have their own expiry date.
  • Yes, all licensed products can have their own expiry date. We do this for controls because some customers might not want to continue renewing a specific control. SRP Controls Pro licenses have all controls grouped together so I only have to update one date.
  • @MattCrozier. Yes, the vcredist is only necessary for 64-bit OCX. If it's hanging, do a Google search. You'll get lots of hits. It usually indicates something is broken with Windows Update.
  • Thanks Kevin. Looks like that's a common problem that's been around for years!