Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Troubleshooting OIPI to export PDF

I am using Set_Printer commands to use OIPI classic (not OIPI.net) to export a document as a PDF file. I started getting the following error message today.

If I click the "Continue" button, it will just repeat this message again.

I'm not sure what is causing the problem, because the code to generate this PDF file has always worked before. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Could antivirus software block the OCX files needed? Any thoughts on what to look for on our server environment?

Comments

• Just to clarify on my initial post... In using the Set_Printer commands there is no error message at all, it just fails to export the PDF file and doesn't even throw an error code.

I get this message when I try to use the option to create a PDF from the OIPI Print Preview screen.
  • I've never seen that before. I'm going to assume that the report you are exporting is on par with previous reports you've exported (i.e., not noticeably bigger). It appears to be using your OI folder as the default path. Try setting your Sort Path to %TEMP%:

• My default directory already is set to %TEMP%
  • Looks like it may have been a windows server/networking issue. Reboot of server seems to have solved the problem.
  • I am still experiencing these issues intermittently, where a user will have these errors that do not allow the pdf process to work. Does anyone know exactly what .ocx or .dll files are in play? The suspects look like maybe vsprint7.ocx and VSPDF.OCX. Could it be that these or some other files may be corrupted? Would a reinstallation of client install help in any way?

Just a little system information that may or may not be relevant... OpenInsight is installed on the DC server, and the users are all running instances as different users in a terminal server. These errors will happen to a specific user for no apparent reason, but other users do not experience the error when exporting to PDF. The only solution has been to completely log out/in for that particular user (or complete server restart).
  • VSPrint7.ocx and VSPDF.ocx are the critical files. I doubt they are corrupted, especially if the problem is intermittent. Where are these files registered? If they are registered on the network drive you might try registering them to a local path instead. That is best practice anyway.

That said, it seems more like a rights problem based on the original message. This is outside of my area of expertise.