Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Context F1 not working for OI10

The F1 key in the 64bit SRP editor does not respond.

Comments

• Is your F1 configured to to use SRP Help or the CHM help?
  • If the F1 key is checked to use the SRP help the F1 key goes to the Wiki help but unchecked the F1 key does not respond.
  • Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I experience the same thing. I'm pretty certain this is because the SRP Editor is still attempting to call ProgRef.chm from OI 9.x. This no longer exists in OI 10. I presume you would expect it to launch the OI 10 web help?
  • That is what happens in OI9.4.6 so I was hoping to display 10 web help in OI10.
  • I'm sure we'll add support for that. Stay tuned.
  • Any progress on getting the F1 help working in OI10.1
  • It's not possible to link to OI 10 Web help because there is no API provided to do specific searches. I could, at best, have the shortcut just open the home page of the help, but that's it. You'd still have to do your own searching.
  • It seems to work within OI's editor so presumably there must be some way of doing it? Maybe they have an internal mapping table of keywords to help pages.
  • That was my conclusion. I can always jump to a direct page, but I have to know the exact url.
  • Maybe they have an internal mapping table of keywords to help pages.

That appear to be true.
    If you right+click on the hyperlink that comes up for the help item and click 'view page source' you would see some clues.
  • OI 10 help works now in 3.3.6. It will open it in the OI 10 IDE and bring the IDE to the foreground.
  • Good work Kevin :)
  • Although it seems with this version, the Status Window is minimised and I can't see compiler errors. Is that just me?
  • Check the View menu that the 'Status Window' is checked
  • Yeah I've toggled that several times. When enabled, I just get a line for the borders without any content.
  • Could it just be that you need to resize manually via the top border splitter bar?
    I think I got caught out like that once before. I don't know how it got to that state but a manual resize and everything has been as expected since.
  • I just announced a new release: 3.3.7. It seems that when I upgraded my OI 10 dev environment to OI 10.1, it cleared out all my splitter bar settings. 3.3.7 restores those settings so that, if you lose the status pane, you can now grab the splitter and resize it back to where you want it. Moreover, you shouldn't lose it in the future.
  • Ah yes, that works now. Thanks Kevin :)