Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

JSON libraries handling special chars

Hi,
We have a customer with the name "Univé Noord-Holland"
We send this customer with an API to an external system.
When we retrieve this customer we can get the customers name:
{
"id": 5234,
"name": "Naam",
"value": "Univ\u00e9 Noord-Holland"
}
the "é" is escaped in the json.
When we use RTI_JSON or SRP_JSONX_GET to decode "value" we get (correct) "Univé Noord-Holland" after we UTF8_ANSI the string because our OI is set to ANSI.

But when we use srp_json we get "UnivຠNoord-Holland" (raw)
converting it with UTF8_ANSI we get "Univ? Noord-Holland"

Can we get this right using SRP_JSON?

Regards Ed

Comments

• Are you up to date? I get the same result (in non-UTF8 mode) using SRP_JsonX or SRP_Json in the following test code, which I ran on OI 9.4. SRP Utilities version 2.2.4.

Compile Function Test(VOID) $insert SRPJSONX Declare function SRP_Json, UTF8_ANSI Declare subroutine SRP_Json Json = '{' Json := '"id": 5234,' Json := '"name": "Naam",' Json := '"value": "Univ\u00e9 Noord-Holland"' Json := '}' SRP_Jsonx_Parse("Test", Json) Test1 = SRP_Jsonx_Get("value") SRP_Jsonx_End() Test1 = UTF8_ANSI(Test1) Handle = 0 If SRP_Json(Handle, "Parse", Json) EQ "" then Test2 = SRP_Json(Handle, "GetValue", "value") SRP_Json(Handle, "Release") end Test2 = UTF8_ANSI(Test2) Ans = Test1 EQ Test2 Return Ans
  • we are at 2.2.03. We wil update and try again. We let you know.
    Thanks for now..

Ed
  • After update to the latest SRP Utilities the issue is gone.
    In the version history after 2.2 we only read that "Validate" was added to srp_json.
    Thanks again for the help.
  • Yeah, that's on me. I'm not exactly sure when I fixed it and I clearly forgot to make a note of it.
  • HELP!
    After installing the latest utlities....
    In an openengine service we have SRP issues..
    SRP_ENCODE break on line 67
    SRP_DECODE break on 62
    SRP_MATH break on line 89
    Are there dependencies?

• Hold on.
    It looks like it's solved now....
  • Hey Don!
    I am sure the openengine service was restarted. Maybe I only restarted the dev-engine. After a re-restart it looks like everything is woking now.