Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Getting started

Back into this after log absence.
New version looks fabulous, but having an issue with setting up to get http://127.0.0.1/api working as suggested.
Followed quick start - but did not see any thing about setting up to enable /api to work.

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://127.0.0.1:80/api
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\api
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

What steps am I missing, I assume it must be detailed somewhere else.

Comments

• Did you implement the rewrite rules?
  • No, I always thought that was an optional thing.
    Ok, will do. It now seems obvious, sorry.

I have more questions, but I will post under separate related headings. Just trying to FastTrack my learning where I perceive a missing link.
  • I don't have a website yet, I just want to test using Postman localhost/api/myapi
    How do I setup IIS to do this tried creating a Virtual Dir Api pointing to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\API which contains only oecgi4.exe. ?
    Do I need oecgi4.exe there as I have isapi/cgi restrictions OECGI4 set to 'C:\Revsoft\Web\CGI-Bin\OECGI4.exe' ?

What exactly does this mean (what is meant by endpoint name):
    "...the virtual directory name is not be the same name as the API endpoint name."

Sorry to be a PITA, bit out of my depth here.
  • Barry,

I have attached a sanitised checklist I did up for new staff here to follow a while back. It isnt an exhaustive list as I still have some of the marbles rolling around in the back of my head but its pretty much what we do just for API access.

Hopefully this might help you ....
  • @Opto_Will that looks great.

Thank you so much.

• Not a problem @BarryStevens.

The SRP crew gave me a hand a couple of years back when I was trying to get my head around how that all worked.

Time to pay a little back :)
  • @Opto_Will

Re your document:

10. Add URL rewrite rules for API URL (e.g. /api above) web.config looks like:

In what folder is the web.config.
    do you create API folder somewhere for it?
  • @BarryStevens

It lives in C:\inetpub\wwwroot (assuming default IIS install)

A goo dtest is you can make some rubbish entries in the IIS Manager URLK rewrite tool and you shoul dbe able to see the changes in that file.

I dont actually use the GUI. I just copy the file in (Text is pretty much what is in the document)
    If you edit that file directly though, you will need to be running your preferred editor ith Admin permissions.
  • @opto_will

Sorry, dont mean to bombard you, but my aspergers is taking over - In the http framework setup image you have 'Server Disabled' but yet you went through a server setup?
  • @BarryStevens

You definately want it enabled.
    I retook the screenshot in the doc to sanitise my URLS but forgot I have that particular server disabled for the time being. Oops!