Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

BRW report deploy

I am trying to find the easiest way to redeploy a BRW report to some sites.
It took a while to work out the Import/Export buttons in BRW do not do what I wish they did!

I read some old BRW documentation which mentioned having 2 instances open and copying between the 2.

What I was thinking, would it not be more efficient to just copy over the SYSREPOS and SYSREPOSREPORTS entries?

Also, then if I wanted to use that as a template I could just edit the recortds and change the few instances of the reportID to a new ID and make sure I save them as new records with a matching ID.

Can someone talk me out of that?

Comments

• Using the RDK would be the standard and safe route to deploy your BRW report. However, BRW reports are stored within Report Groups. So, if you have a Report Group of 10 reports, you have to deploy all 10 at a time. This might not be desirable.

Yes, if you launch the BRW of your source system and then the BRW of your target system, you can copy the report from one and paste it to the other. This requires that you have a Group open on the target system.
  • @DonBakke.

Hmmm.. Seems you are being sensible.
    I had thought of Deploy but I frequently use the "Entities changes since" feasture and it did not appear there after I re-saved the BRW. I didnt think to manually add it as a OpenInsight Report. Feel a little sheepish there....

Most of our reports having a matching report group so, due to that 1:1 relationship, could be deployed manually. I dont know why this has been the case, nor could I say for certain that is a definate rule.

I am happy with the RDK route.

Thanking you.