Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

DLL error

Am receiving the attached error message when trying to use SRP_MAIL. I haven't had to register .dlls is a while so forgot how to do it. Am digging through old notes, forums, etc. Any help would be appreciated. TIA, KDIV.

Comments

• This DLL does not get registered. That message is simply letting you know it cannot find the indicated method/function. That could be because the DLL is missing or perhaps is a version without that method/function. It is also possible that the environment is blocking the DLL from loading.
  • its the return value from "MessageSent = SRPSendMail(Message,Config)"; I installed the SRP_MAIL, but looking at the help/about, does not seem to list SRP Mail. Maybe I should try to install it again. I have attached the help/about dialogbox, it seems to recognize my UNC and my OIWORKS license is listed. What should I troubleshoot? Agreed, that the IP address I have passed in Config, I might not have access to, so where should I start for troubleshooting? Here are the licensed SRP products, should a re-install be the first step? And if so, how to tell if successful install? TIA. Stacy.
    Controls
    ------------
    SRP Button Control -- Licensed
    SRP DatePicker Control -- Licensed
    SRP DirectConnect Control -- Licensed
    SRP Editor Control -- Licensed
    SRP EditTable Control -- Licensed
    SRP Hyperlink Control -- Licensed
    SRP Launcher Control -- Free
    SRP Panel Control -- Licensed
    SRP Picture Control -- Licensed
    SRP Popup Control -- Licensed
    SRP ReportTable Control -- Licensed
    SRP Ribbon Control -- Licensed
    SRP Schedule Control -- Licensed
    SRP ShortcutBar Control -- Licensed
    SRP Signature Control -- Licensed
    SRP Sketch Control -- Licensed
    SRP Splitter Control -- Licensed
    SRP StatusBar Control -- Licensed
    SRP Subclass Control -- Licensed
    SRP Tab Control -- Licensed
    SRP Tree Control -- Licensed
  • The Help>About dialog is for the SRP Editor only. The SRP ActiveX Controls dialog is for SRP ActiveX Controls only.

Your problem has nothing to do with licensing. Even if you didn't have a license, you could still use the SRP Mail utility.

My original response gave you some things to look for. Did you verify that the DLL exists? If so, right-click on the file and open the Properties dialog. What is the file version?
  • yes, dll (SRPMail.dll) is in my OI root on the p:\ drive; p:\Repositories\Stacy.Mecklenburg\OIDev or \\program\programming\Repositories\Stacy.Mecklenburg\OIDev, file version 3.0.1.2, attached is a copy of the properties dialogbox. apologies would have sent soon, but working on a deadline and wanted to complete a few items before meeting the new CIO tomorrow.
  • yes, dll (SRPMail.dll) is in my OI root on the p:\ drive; p:\Repositories\Stacy.Mecklenburg\OIDev or \\program\programming\Repositories\Stacy.Mecklenburg\OIDev, file version 3.0.1.2, attached is a copy of the properties dialogbox. apologies would have sent soon, but working on a deadline and wanted to complete a few items before meeting the new CIO tomorrow.
  • Hey Don - I got it figured out and I believe it was some type of blockage based on network configs over here, but I believe I have it working, as I did not receive a FATAL error, but a more constructive error i.e. "Unable to send to a recipient", yet, the email did get sent, I will just check the email addresses, as maybe a typo in there. Thanks.
  • ok, found it, dangling COMMA$, as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say, it's always something!