Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Error incorrect OLE

Getting an error after installing latest SRP Editor, any ideas?

Comments

• The SRPEditor.ocx that is currently registered on that machine is older than 3.4.1. That message is just a generic warning that the SRP Editor version and SRPEditor.ocx version are out of sync. In all likelihood, everything will work fine.

I can't explain why it went wrong. Typically, this happens when the installer can't update the OCX because it was locked or something. Or perhaps the OCX was installed fine, but the registration of it failed. If this is a client/server setup, this can happen when one machine installed the SRP Editor but the other machines haven't registered the new OCX locally.
  • Let me reboot and try to re-install. BTW I looked at the install log and it looked like the ocx got copied to the correct location.
  • Version installed is 3.4.0.1
  • Rebooted and re-installed. Same issue. Deleted SRPEditor.ocx and re-installed and ocx is again version 3.4.0.1. BTW install says registration succeeded.

Extract: SRPUtilities.dll... 100%
    Output folder: c:\oi32
    Extract: SRPEditor.ocx... 100%
    Execute: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe" "c:\oi32\SRPEditor.ocx"
    Output folder: C:\Users\jimva\AppData\Local\Temp\nsc507D.tmp
    Extract: SRPInstallRdk.exe... 100%
    Extract: SRPUtilities.dll... 100%
    Completed
    Output folder: C:\WINDOWS
  • 3.4.0.1 is not the correct version. It should be 3.4.1 or better. You can grab the correct OCX here.
  • That fixed it. I think your SRP_Editor_Install.exe must contain the wrong ocx, because I deleted the ocx file and the SRP_Editor_Install.exe installed 3.4.0.1.
  • Thanks, I'll follow up on that.
  • I got this too, but after installing SRP Editor (3.4.1.2) into OI 10.2.1. Curious that it's looking for SRPEditor.ocx rather than SRPEditor64.ocx !?
  • I haven't confirmed this, but I would guess that the message is the same in both 32 and 64-bit versions of the SRP Editor since one was a port of the other and not every internal resource has been updated to use 64-bit phrasing.
  • Ah, makes sense :)