Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Editor Suggestion Box

Has SRP ever thought of grouping favorites via tabs at the top of the Favorites Bar or (preferably due to witdh considerations) collapsible header entries in the list that Procedures (etc.) can be attached to?

I am working on five projects at once at the moment and the list of files I attack frequently is getting quite long (requiring a decent scroll)!!

Comments

• Yes, I've made that suggestion many times. However, I don't rank very high within our team so my suggestions always get shot down. ;-)
  • Give me a minute to create a few more forum accounts and lets see if we can *Bump* this a few dozen more times!
  • I keep putting this feature off in lieu of others, though I'm not sure why. I'd probably benefit the most considering how many OI products I work on. Consider it bumped, though I won't offer any specific ETA.
  • Hooray!!!

Here's to you kind sir!!
  • @KevinFournier
    Since I have read in the forums that the Editor will be undergoing some work in the near future I thought I would bump this suggestion again as I was thinking about it just last week.

And while I am here, have you ever given any thought to allowing vertical multi-panel editing?
    With UltraWide monitors these days, one could happily have 2 or 3 code window panels viewable at once across a screen!
  • @KevinFournier
    It has been a while so I thought I might give this one the obligatory bump for both the favorites grouping and multi-panel editing :)
  • Good timing as I am working on SRP Editor 4.0 as we speak. The Favorites panel is on my todo list. I've already discussed moving to a project-based panel with Don, and he's on board with the idea. Will that meet the need you're after?

As for side-by-side code editing, I am still limited by the MDICLIENT window. I could possibly simulate it within the MDICLIENT window. I'll give it a look-see.
  • edited June 14
    @KevinFournier.
    You are Legen.....wait for it..Dary. Legendary!!!

Project based would be awesome. Would a single procedure be able to span multiple projects in this scenario?

I know I am asking for a bit with side by side in OI. I am an UEStudio user for 2 decades and I think nothing of dragging a tab to do an immediate side by side. In fact, in the absence of doing that in OI, I copy code out to do exactly that. Then again, I also copy code like JSON to UES out to do Lint-ing etc so its not like I am goin to give up my supporting programs any time soon. It would be a nicety for sure but better favorite management is my #1 wishlist item!

• Yes, you'll be able to have a procedure appear in any number of projects.

I hear you. As a Visual Studio user, I'm used to doing easy side-by-sides as well. I'll be giving this some thought on how I might pull this off. No guarantees, but this idea is not being dismissed out of hand.
  • Love your work @KevinFournier!