Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP_Show_Window

2»

Comments

• One issue, dragging MDI child windows is not showing the window move as you drag the title bar to a new position.
  • I also don't seem to be able to drag the window edges to resize the window.
  • It also does not seem to fix the double click issue.
  • edited April 2020
    I can't recreate the title-bar dragging issue. I can say that this theme, in order to look like Windows 10, has 1-pixel borders, which means you need to be pixel perfect in order to grab an edge and resize it. Can you screen shot your window's properties so I can see if a particular setting is not being taken into account?

I'm sorry the double-clicking is still an issue. I'll consider what else might be done.

• I sent you a video of me moving a window, you can see it jumps to the new position, it doesn't drag. The video also shows the inability to re-size.
  • Is that an OI splitter bar on the form?
  • I'm messing around with different window styles and controls, but I can't recreate the behavior in your video. That behavior is very bizarre to say the least. It almost looks like REDRAW is off when you move or drag. I would like to get this working for you, but I'd need (a) a non-dependent RDK that recreates the issue or (b) a copy of your dev system that I can run to recreate the issue.
  • Kevin,

Yes, it's a splitter. It's just two of my forms that exhibit this behavior, let me see if I can track down what's different.
  • Kevin,

It has something to do with the splitter, I think. I removed event logic from splitter so that it no longer reduces the size of the editable to the left when moved. It still exhibited the same problem. But if then move the splitter so it is on top of the editable and then try to move the window it works correctly.

All the forms that work do not have a splitter. Two that don't work have a splitter.
  • The OI splitter control has always been a fickle thing. It's why we bothered to create our own. It doesn't automate things like the OI splitter control, but I think the OI automation is the source of many quirks.
  • edited May 2020
    Kevin,

Actually the above is not correct.

On that form, I have in order left to the right, edittable vert scroll bar, splitter, and then on the bottom two horizontal scroll bars.

If I disable event code on the splitter (it moves the scroll bars). It still does not work.

However, if I then move the splitter so the order is edittable, splitter, scroll bar. It works.

Could it something to do with having a splitter that has a horiz scrollbar to the left?

• BTW I edited the above comment to show what the layout looks like when it doesn't work.
  • Don,

OI splitter, interesting what does it take to switch to your splitter, do I have to resize the edittable myself?. Let me have a look at this.
  • Don,

OK, I see how this works. I will add code to re-size the edittable etc. and use your splitter.