Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Ability to detect a OnMouseExit event

Hi team

I was wondering if you could add the ability to detect an OnMouseExit event. As per the screenshot, we use the SRPPanel control to create customised menus for our users, and it would be nice to automatically hide the panel when the users moves their mouse away from it.

Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Cheers,
James

User: James Birnie

Comments

• James,

Have you considered rolling out your own OnMouseExit event? Your idea is sound, but I am not sure when we can add this feature at this point in time. We have used the WM_SETCURSOR WinAPI to trap mouse movement through the entire application. In fact, this is how we created hover buttons before the advent of OI 32bit and OLE support.
  • I might actually be able to add this in the next release since I am in the process on revamping the mouse handling logic as we speak. In the meantime, you can consider Don's suggestion above.

Just so it's said out loud, that menu is incredible! Great job! I never even imagined the panel control being used like that. I literally threw the control together to solve a screen real-estate problem. Kudos.
  • Hi Don and Kevin

Thanks for the compliment :-)
    And for the advice, I'll give it a go.

Cheers,
    James

User: James Birnie