Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

XOInstance

Using XOInstance to connect to an ODBC data source.

Customer had it working under 9.3.0

Just upgraded to 9.3.2 and it no longer works. User gets a dialog "Connect to Data Source" with what appears to be the correct information. 9.3.0 connected without this dialog. If he presses OK, he gets the message 'The ODBC Data source "xyz" has not been configured'

Any ideas? Did anything get changed in this area?

Comments

• Jim,

We use XOInstance in our internal OpenInsight based billing application. In our case we connect to a MySQL database that support our web-based project management system (JIRA). We have a window that our developers use to pull down the JIRA work logs and these can be reviewed and approved for importing into OpenInsight:

The screen you see above runs in 8.0.8 right now but I upgraded the system to 9.3.1 and 9.3.2 and XOInstance works the same. In fact, the screen shot above was taken from the 9.3.2 version.

A couple of things I would check:
    • Confirm that the connection is still valid using the C/S Workspace. Try to run the SQL Query Window. It could be that the connection became corrupted or perhaps the ODBC driver definition has been lost.
    • Try using XOMethod(XO_GETERROR$) to see what kind of error messages you get back. That will hopefully direct you to the source of the problem.
  • OK, that gives me something to look at. I just noticed I had made a few minor changes to my code maybe that is the source of the problem.
  • Got it working, error in my code.

I was reading SQL passwords etc from a new file. The name of the data connection was being converted to uppercase in the old code but not the new code.