Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Upgrade to Pro

These are the controls I deregistered, is this correct? Did I deregister any that are not in the new control? In particular is the subclass control included. I ran the following on my development system

RegSvr32 /u SRP.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPCore.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPEditTable.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPPopup.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPReportTable.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPShortcutBar.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPSubclass.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPEditor.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPTree.ocx
RegSvr32 /u SRPTree.ocx
RegSvr32 /s SRPControls.ocx

In addition when for end users in NSIS I do the following

rem remove old srp controls
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPShared.dll
rem !insertmacro InstallLib DLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPShared.dll $SYSDIR\SRPShared.dll $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPCore.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPCore.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPCore.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPEditTable.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPEditTable.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPEditTable.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPPopup.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPPopup.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPPopup.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPReportTable.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPReportTable.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPReportTable.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPShortcutBar.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPShortcutBar.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPShortcutBar.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPSubclass.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPSubclass.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPSubclass.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPEditor.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPEditor.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPEditor.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPTree.ocx
rem !insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPTree.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPTree.ocx $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPLicense.dll
!insertmacro InstallLib DLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPLicense.dll $SYSDIR\SRPLicense.dll $SYSDIR
Delete $SYSDIR\SRPControls.ocx
!insertmacro InstallLib REGDLL 1 REBOOT_NOTPROTECTED C:\OI32\SRPControls.ocx $SYSDIR\SRPControls.ocx $SYSDIR

Is this OK, just deleting the old ocx files? Note I no longer register them, but an old install might still have them registered. Is there away for me to deregister them in NSIS as well as delete file?

Comments

• Jim,

Your list of actions look good to me. There are no controls that can be unregistered that do not exist in the SRP Controls Pro (SRPControls.ocx). It is all inclusive.

I'm not the NSIS expert here so I'll have someone else jump in to answer that question.

BTW I forgot to mention that with the newer version of our controls we released a new SRP ActiveX Controls (formerly SRP OLE Controls) utility. This requires .NET 4.0. Look for it under the Freeware section of our Downloads page.

Thanks.
  • Jim,

Use the UnRegDLL command for unregistering OCX files: UnRegDLL $INSTDIR\SRPCore.OCX UnRegDLL $INSTDIR\SRPEditTable.OCX ... Then use the delete command to remove them: Delete $INSTDIR\SRPCore.OCX Delete $INSTDIR\SRPEditTable.OCX ...
  • OK that sounds good I'll modify my nsis script accordingly.
  • I am getting errors when I run SRP OLE Info.exe, each control says licensed to use version 2.0 or less.

SRPLicense.dll 28 KB Application Extension 8/29/2012 8:37 AM -a--- C:\Back
    SRPLicense.dll 28 KB Application Extension 8/29/2012 8:37 AM -a--- C:\oi32
    SRPLicense.dll 24 KB Application Extension 4/20/2008 7:00 PM -a--- C:\oi32\old_srp
    SRPLicense.dll 24 KB Application Extension 4/20/2008 7:00 PM -a--- C:\oi32_8_06
    SRPLicense.dll 24 KB Application Extension 4/20/2008 7:00 PM -a--- C:\oi32_last_9_3_2_Beta

C:\oi32 is where your control is currently registered. C:\back is where I saved the DLL from outlook. I de-registered all your old controls and copied them to old_srp as a backup. The others are old backup directories and do not have the controls registered.
  • It's a bug of some kind in SRP OLE Info.exe, SRP_ActiveX_Info.exe reports the correct information.
  • BTW it says they will expire 8/29/2013, what happens on that date, do all the controls stop working?
  • Jim,

Yes, that's why we updated the Info utility. The licensing technology had been updated so the old Info utility needed to be updated. I should have first asked you if you were getting eval messages when you ran your application. That's the the real indicator if the SRPLicense.dll files are awry.

Nothing will stop working on that date as long as you don't download controls that are newer than that date. You'll have unlimited enjoyment of your controls in perpetuity. However, if you renew your license by that date then you'll get a new license file with a new expiration date.

Here is a link to more information: License Information and FAQ page