Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Checkbox alignment

Using the latest version of the individual reporttable control (I only just downloaded it the other day), I can't seem to get the checkbox alignment to be anything other than left.

I have a column that will contain nothing but a checkbox and I'd really prefer to centre it rather than have excess real estate to the right of it not being used.

Could this be a sequencing issue though I'm not sure what could be getting in the way?

Comments

• Mark,

I might be able to dig into this and have a better reply by the time you read this, but I wanted to quickly confirm something. Are you saying that this used to work with an older version of the control but now it is not?
  • Hey Don.
    No I don't know about earlier versions. Was just clarifying which version I was using.
    Help doco says you can do it but I can't seem to.
  • Mark,

It does appear that the ColumnCheckBoxAlignment property is not working. I have created a support ticket for this: OLE-86.

In the meantime, does the ColumnList property do what you want? If you set attribute 16 to the alignment value you want this should work.
  • No. The columnlist property doesn't work. I expect without trying that that would align the text if you were to have text as well as checkbox.
  • Mark,

Would you be so kind as to post a screen shot of what you are seeing? I think I am a bit confused as to what you are getting versus what you are expecting. Also, your setup code would be handy so I can compare.
  • More than happy to provide you with a screenshot or I could re-read and actually try what you suggested.

Seems that works too.

Nothing to see here... Move along.
  • For the record, the ColumnCheckBoxAlignment property has been fixed and will work correctly in the next release.
  • Thanks Kev
  • Whoops!

Yes indeed the ColumnCheckboxAlignment property works.
    By my own copy/paste screwup I found that it also works for images, so where you want to align an image within a column, use ColumnCheckboxAlignment .

However, ColumnAlignment doesn't seem to work for columns that are not of type 'text'. Setting the alignment via the ColumnList property does work.

Setting the ColumnCheckboxAlignment property to anything on a column that is not text and does not have a checkbox actually sets the alignment of the column to the 'Left'. In this case, that's what I wanted so it works for me.

So personally, I'm all good but seems there are some undocumented features at play here.