Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP_Math failing after installing latest 2.0.1

edited September 2018 in SRP Utilities
InData = 100
Start_Value = 0.0001
End_Value = 9999
InRange(InData, Start_Value, End_Value)
Value returned is false

Is something broken?

Comments

• Function InRange(InData, StartValue, EndValue)
    * Don Bakke, SRP *
    * 6/10/08 *
    * visim jrv 2-28-09 *
    * check for numeric values for some reason *
    * SRP_Math allows values like 2d to pass *
    Declare function SRP_Math

RetVal = 0
    * value must be numeric
    If Num(InData) Then
    * and within range
    If SRP_Math("COMP", InData, StartValue) GE 0 And SRP_Math("COMP", EndValue, InData) GE 0 then
    RetVal = 1
    End
    End
    Return RetVal
  • Both calls to SRP_MATH are returning null.
  • Tried changing COMP to COMPARE, the same result.
  • Try the latest build of 2.0.2 RC8. We've been fixing a few things lately, and SRP_MATH was one of them.
  • I cannot get that file to download.
  • Nevermind I got it, my internet was being flaky.
  • I copied the DLL to my OI folder. Ran an RDKINSTALL from sysprog. Rebooted and still see the same error.

In my OI install folder I have SRPUTILITY.DLL and SRPUTILITIES.DLL, could this be the source of the issue?
  • BTW I got the file to download, it was an issue with my internet connection.
  • Having both DLLs is not the issue, but it is possible that SRPUtilities.dll (which is the file we are now using) did not get updated. This resource file is often locked so I recommended closing OI, renaming the original SRPUtilities.dll, and then manually copy in the new SRPUtilities.dll. You do not need to rerun RDKInstall.
  • I am certain it got updated, I am using the copy in c:\oi32, the other locations are just copies (backups) of oi32

Name Size Type Modified Attr Location

SRPUTILITIES.DLL 1.54 MB Application extension 6/12/2018 9:06 AM -a----- C:\OI10
    SRPUTILITIES.DLL 1.24 MB Application extension Tuesday 11:02 AM ------- C:\oi32
    SRPUTILITIES.DLL 2.67 MB Application extension 9/6/2016 8:49 AM -a----- C:\OI32_05_19_17
    SRPUTILITIES.DLL 2.67 MB Application extension 9/6/2016 8:49 AM -a----- C:\oi32_09_08_15
    SRPUTILITIES.DLL 2.67 MB Application extension 9/6/2016 8:49 AM -a----- C:\oi32_bak
    SRPUTILITIES.DLL 2.67 MB Application extension 9/6/2016 8:49 AM -a----- C:\oi32_before_OI10
    SRPUTILITIES.DLL 1.24 MB Application extension Tuesday 11:02 AM -a----- C:\Users\jimva\Downloads\SRPUtilities...\32-bit
  • Not doubting you, but we've seen this situation happen many times. The real proof is what you see when you view the Properties dialog for the file and go to the Details tab. I'm going to assume you will see 2.0.2.8.

We'll take a look at this further tomorrow and report back ASAP.
  • Here is SRPUtilities.dll version 2.0.2 RC9. You only need the dll. It should fix the issue.
  • Kevin,

Thank you, that fixed it.