Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

SRP Git

I have notice a drop-down menu option the v3.0.2 SRP Editor, that I have not noticed before "Install SRP Git Utility", when I click it, it goes to https://products.srpcs.com/ with no reference to SRP Git. I searched the SRP developer's forums for any information and could not find anything. Is this a new feature and do you have documentation on how to install and use it? Thx.

Comments

• Coming soon... :)
  • Will this be OI 9.x compatible, or just for 10.x?
  • edited August 2019
    While it might work for OI 10.x, we were not attempting to re-invent a wheel that already exists.
  • Oook.. next obvious question.. When?

Do you have any documentation in the meantime?

Client wants it bad..lol
  • I don't have a hard ETA, but it's going to be a couple months. We are working with a client now to refine it.

There is no documentation at this point. I can tell you how it will be used. Each developer has their own copy of OI on their own machine, which uses SRP Git to synchronize OI to a Git Repo. From that point on, everything is done within Git in terms of commits, branches, pushes, and pulls.
  • Will each developer need a physical copy of OI? My client has a setup that runs on one copy, but each developer has his/her own "sandbox" (application) that inherits from the main system. They have a subsystem that currently manages check-ins, check-outs, building deployment "packages" and the like, but it is severely lacking.

I wonder if any of that can be adapted to work with Git.
  • Kevin / Don,

I am just now catching up with the Git conversation for OI 9.x
    Has any progress been made on this? Here in ABS we are very curious about adapting OI to synchronize to a Git Repo.
    Would love to have a conversation about it to see where this is at!

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Hey Mark. Bernie and I are in talks about this so stay tuned!
  • Any status update? I have a client who is interested as they already have Git projects and would like to see an interface with two of their projects, so just checking in. Thanks.
  • We've been running it through it's paces with a particular client, so it's nearing completion. Note, however, that this tool will not just automatically work with existing Git repos. It's designed to synchronize the OI Repository to a single Git Repo, so it relies entirely on a specific directory structure that mirrors the Entity IDs of items in the OI Repository.
  • Another item to note is that SRP Git does have an interface to facilitate the pushing and pulling of entities, but it does not provide a UI for the Git repo itself with the various branches. You would still rely on a standard tool for this. We've been using SmartGit.