Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Selecting text in a list box

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this in an oi list box:

I.e., select text inside of the list box using your mouse. In an edit box you can do it, was wondering if it was also possible in a list box. By default, it's not. Is there some property I can set?

Comments

• Does the SELECTION property do what you want?
  • Using your mouse? No. The ListBox does not support this feature.
  • @josh I didn't catch that this was for the "list box" control I just assumed "edit box". My suggestion won't work. Sorry.
  • edited August 2019
    yes, it was for list box.

oh well....

basically i am trying to display a chat between multiple people, and i want the user ot be able to close and expand a user's contribution to the chat/see where one person's contribution starts and ends.

i will just use an edit box and use this character ____ to convey where one person's "chat" starts and ends....

Called Customer, she was not there

Called customer again , she was there, and was able to sort her issue out

It looks pretty ugly but i guess that's the best you can do in OI.
    1. Just curious, how are you handling the trigger for when one person sends a message and another person should see the message?
    2. I'm still not sure I get how the OI listbox would accomplish your presentation goals. What would you do if a user's message was longer than the width of the listbox? How would you handle word wrapping? How do you collapse a message?
  • Oh, it's not a LIVE chat. It's more like an email chain.

"I'm still not sure I get how the OI listbox would accomplish your presentation goals. What would you do if a user's message was longer than the width of the listbox?"

I was going to start a new line.

"How would you handle word wrapping? "
    Not sure...

"How do you collapse a message?"
    I was planning on making a hierarchical list box, so that expansion/collapse can be achieved by clicking on a node.