Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Not working

Hi
We want to start using the calendar control.
We have it visible, events are fired.
When we follow "Geting started" and use this code:
Calendars = ""
Calendars<-1> = "PERSONAL":@VM:"Personal"
Calendars<-1> = "WORK" :@FM:"Work"
Set_Property(Ctrl, "OLE.CalendarList", Calendars)

A get_property of the OLE.Calendarlist returns empty.

I checked the license and got the information below.
The registry says that the conrol is in C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
The registry also says that it version 1.0
Is it unlicensed?
Strange thing is that all the controls are expired, but it all works fine....

License
------------
Company:
Serial Numbers: 1485*

SRPControls.ocx
---------------
3.2.0 RC3

Controls
------------
SRP Button Control, 3.1.0 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP DatePicker Control, 3.0.5 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Editor Control, 3.0.8 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP EditTable Control, 3.0.8 RC5 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Hyperlink Control, 3.1.0 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Launcher Control, 3.0.2 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Panel Control, 2.0.4 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Picture Control, 3.1.0 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Popup Control, 3.0.2 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP ReportTable Control, 3.0.8 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Ribbon Control, 1.0.0 RC9 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Schedule Control, 3.0.6 RC1 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP ShortcutBar Control, 3.0.6 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Sketch Control, 1.0.3 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Splitter Control, 2.0.3 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP StatusBar Control, 3.1.0 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Subclass Control, 3.0.3 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Tab Control, 3.1.0 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx
SRP Tree Control, 2.0.7 -- License expired on 09-10-2015 -- C:\ProgramData\OIREG\SRPControls.ocx

Comments

• The erroneous license expiration was discussed and resolved here.

Licensing never affects functionality, so there is something else at play here.

The snippet of code looks correct, assuming Ctrl is set to the fully qualified name of the Calendar control. So, I can't really deduce what's going on here without more information. (That @FM after "WORK" should be an @VM, but that alone wouldn't break anything. I fixed that typo in the documentation)
  • Hey Kevin,
    We have a tool to examine the registered com-objects.
    On my machine we see 3 times SRP Calendar Control from 3 different ocx libraries.
    SRPEditor.ocx : SRPEDITOR.Calendar.1 : {631DD3F4-59BC-4ABB-A223-F1B7677D7F4F}
    SRPUtil.ocx : SRPUTIL.Calendar.1 : {5F7DDA21-0D55-468D-91D5-76273CA1DE09}
    SRPControls.ocx : srp.Calendar.1 : {AFC28124-F811-4175-9AF7-B249036A9B95}

Most properties named in srp.Calendar.1 (the one we are testing) begin with "Event" and "CalendarList" is missing.
    In the 2 other libraries most properties start with "Appt" and a "CalendarList" is present.
    What library can we use best?

Regards Ed

• Ed - You'll want to use SRP.Calendar.1 (SRPControls.ocx). The other two are a part of our legacy and new SRP Editor libraries, which are not suitable for production use.
  • Ok...
    Hey Don!
    But what about the property names of the calendar control in srpcontrols.ocx?
    Do we use ScheduleList in stead of CalendarList ?
    Maybe it is time for an update?
  • It should be CalendarList. Kevin can help you further on this topic.
  • I just realized you are using SRP Controls 3.2. I'm sorry I overlooked that. You'll have to upgrade in order to use the Calendar control. This will likely require you to upgrade your license, based on the information I see in your original post.

Although the Calendar control is there in version 3.2, it was in an early beta stage. Not only will the documentation not line up, it's not likely to have all the features it ended up with.

Sorry for the runaround. I was so focused on the code, I just skimmed the actual licensing and product version information.
  • Hey Kevin,
    We want to upgrade to the latest version. Can you help us please?
  • We already installed the latest version.
    In the documentation we read " it can display multiple calendars just like Outlook"
    We hope this means we can see multiple calendars at the same time and we can drag and drop appointments around. Is this possible?
  • This emulates Outlook. What you see is a single physical calendar with appointments from other people's calendars in the same space. In your example, you created 2 calendars: Personal and Work. When you add appointments, you assign them to one of those two logical calendars. However, when drawn, they just look like appointments in a calendar. You can give each appointment a color to help distinguish which calendar it came from, but it's still just one calendar.

May I ask the intended use case? Is this for managing people and appointments or for scheduling resources?
  • We have about 50 field employees. We want to manage work appointments for them. We have different departments and disciplines so it would be great if we could see a selection of multiple calendars for moving appointments from one employee to another or maybe to another day. We plan about max 5 appointments per day per employee.
    Please hold the upgradeprocedure for this moment.
  • We tried using multiple controls in one window.
    Unfortunate we were unable to drag and drop an appointment from one calendar to another.
  • If the purpose of dragging appointments from one employee to another is to assign that employee to work, then you might want to try the SRP Schedule Control.
  • Guess we took the wrong control. We shall try the Schedule Control.
    Thank you for your expertise.