Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

version 3.3.0.0 woes search, and search to replace

Build 4/20/21 8:21am - Find: As I type into the edit line a dropdown list appears immediately containing previous search words. Example where the dropdown has many items, including "PAYNOW_RETURN" 1. wish I could clear that list, or one or more items in that list. 2. The matching items in that list try to help my entry. But, it is not case-sensitive. Say I wish to find "paynow". As I type "pay" the box replaces my entry with "PAYNOW_RETURN" where the "NOW_RETURN" is in a dark background. It should not have matched because my entry was all lower-case. (I tried checking Match Case to no effect) If I continue to type "now" it is replaced with upper-case "NOW", and "_RETURN" is in a dark background. In other editors I can hit the Delete key and the remaining "_RETURN" would disappear so the search is for only "PAYNOW". But, when I hit the Delete key the editline shows "PAYNOW". But to tab or cursor to the Find Next button and the editline shows "PAYNOW_RETURN"! Similar misbehavior in Search in both editline boxes. 3. I tried to cursor within the editline and if did not work as I expected. - Dave

Comments

• 1. You can modify the previously searched list by editing the Registry values in this Key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SRP\SRPEditor\{path to OI folder}\{appID}\FIND

The (Default) key stores the number of previous matches, so you can just change that value to a smaller number and the list will be truncated. I'm not sure what happens if you remove one of the values and do not close the gap.
  • 2. I can duplicate this behavior. We'll discuss internally and come back with a response.
    3. I'm not sure what you mean here. I take it that "to cursor" means to use the mouse to put the cursor somewhere. Can you elaborate on what you mean by "did not work as I expected"?
  • edited April 2021
    "to cursor" meant I had been in the edit line. Then a press of the Tab, or a click to button Find Next.
  • Thanks. So this is really an extension of what you reported in point #2. That is, you cursor to another control and the auto-filled text returns even though you had deleted it using the Delete key.
  • 3. meant if I meant to go to the end of the text in the editline I press the End key. It should position the cursor on the end of the text, but sometimes it elsewhere in the editline.
  • Hmmm...I can't duplicate that.
  • SRP Editor 3.3.1 can be downloaded here. The Find/Replace windows no longer do autocomplete. We agreed that it was causing more problems than solving them. The dropdown is still available, but you can now type whatever you want.
  • Thanks, this morning I tried 3.3.1. The Find/Replace without the autocomplete works fine.