Welcome to the SRP Forum! Please refer to the SRP Forum FAQ post if you have any questions regarding how the forum works.

Error message after installing and running Unicode OIPI

When trying to run a report after installing the program, I am receiving the following message:

Comments

• Can you confirm if the SRPUnicodeOIPI.dll file is in your OI folder?
  • Is this the first time you've installed some version of Unicode OIPI? Because EngineRunning is not something SRP_SET_PRINTER_DIRECT calls. Make sure there are not multiple versions of $SRP_SET_PRINTER_DIRECT in SYSOBJ.
  • It was not, I re-installed and it is there now. Still having the same issue with the report processing getting to 100% but no preview window with report.
  • After debugging the program, when getting to the INIT_OIPI routine this is the message I received:

• Let's make sure everything is routing to SRP Unicode OIPI.

From a command line, call GET_PRINTER("CURRAPI") and make sure the return value is "SRP". If you get "OI", then you need to call SET_PRINTER("CURRAPI", "SRP"). If you get back "", then you need to call SRP_UNICODEOIPI_SETUP.
  • I get the message "GET_PRINTER("CURRAPI") NOT SUPPORTED. -- 03/29/2022 04:49:05 PM
  • Run SRP_UNICODEOIPI_SETUP then. No parameters.
  • Ran successfully.
  • SRP_UNICODEOIPI_SETUP ran successfully? Or do you mean the report is working now?
  • After running it again, I am receiving the error message "Invalid class string"
  • So it worked, and then it didn't? Does restarting OI cause it to work again, or did it only work once never to work again?
  • Sorry Kevin, running SRP_UNICODEOIPI_SETUP worked. I have not been able to run any reports. This is the error I am receiving now.
  • After installing the SRP_Unicode_OIPI_Install from the RDS server, the preview is now working.
  • How about printing through RDP?
  • Interesting. I wonder if the previous install just didn't take. We've sometimes run into that, particularly if the installer thinks things are locked.

Let me know if any other issues arise.
  • When printing I received this error message. On preview paging is off.
  • Unfortunately, I can't really tell you why this is happening from here with this information. I'd want a copy of your system to troubleshoot further. Email me at kfournier@srpcs.com if you want to start that process.